OK, a couple of updates:
- My partner had a wide excision of her original melanoma site and a sentinel node mapping on 12/2/08.
- The excision margins were negative for satellite lesions. Profound relief and rejoicing.
- A sentinel node and a portion of the wide excision have been sent to Stanford's pathology lab for immunohistochemical testing, which is going to take another week or so to be completed. This is high-tech stuff.
- Her 10x5cm wound now has a vacuum dressing in place. This is taking some adjustment, because the device has to be carried around in a fanny pack all the time. We call it Cousin Albert. The machine emits intermittent bubbly sounds, which we refer to as Albert's flatulence.
- In the middle of all of this, I did three night hospitalist shifts and one prenatal clinic.