Yesterday, Noo and I went to our friendly local oncologist's office. He was great, and we weathered the tour of the infusion center (read: chemo chairs) pretty well, all things considered.
- Make gallons of vegetarian soup to freeze and serve up on those "by golly, I've just had interferon and I don't have ANYTHING to serve for dinner" moments.
- Draft a general "movies to rent" list so she can watch one on a portable DVD player while she's stuck in the chemo chair for two hours.
- Paint the master bedroom a deep green, so at least the four walls in which she sleeps off the interferon won't be Landlord White.
- Invest in a really good mattress. Ours are twelve years old and as bowed as backyard hammocks.
- Put our game faces on. Most of what we're facing is the unknown, and you can't really plan for the unknown, can you?