This post series addressed training options for prospective rural physicians. Topics included the following:
- The Rural Landscape: an overview of differences between rural and metropolitan practice settings.
- The Generalist's Mind: a discussion of generalism in rural medicine, with focus on family practice as an excellent rural speciality.
- Medical School for the prospective rural physician.
- Residency training for rural FPs, IMs, OBs, and pediatricians.
- Useful procedures for the rural doctor.
- Job Seeking and Job Choice: tips on choosing your first job in a rural community.
- Ideal professional qualities for the rural (and non-rural) physician.
- Welcome to your rural community: doctor-specific advice for your first few months in your new home town.